FEC Heliports' Portable Battery Powered LED Helipad Lighting System is a microprocessor controlled light system designed for rapid deployment in temporary and emergency situations to provide safe and effective marking on a variety of terrains.
Tried and Trusted
HEM-Star® is the upgraded version of the popular HeliLight System which has been operational in the field for two years and used at multiple locations by:
• Scottish Ambulance Service
• Midland Air Ambulance
• Welsh Air Ambulance
• North West Air Ambulance
• National Police Air Service (NPAS)
• Philippine Navy
• Mexican Navy
• United Nations Multidimensional Integrated Stabilization Mission - Mali (United Nations buys FEC portable lights)
Our portable helipad lighting systems have been deployed on a global scale and are currently in use in the USA, Russia, Bangladesh, Mozambique, Kenya and Japan.
• Each HEM-Star® has NVG compatible red, blue, green, white visible LED’s and infra-red and is programmable to show steady -on, flash warning, location beacon or Morse Code with the option of automatic sunset switching.
• HEM-Stars® are fitted as standard with a UHF transceiver and each individual light or set of lights can be programmed, interrogated and controlled by wireless commands.
• HEM-Stars® can be operated by Remote Lighting Controller or using a PC/Tablet with the Zulu “dongle” transceiver with USB connector provided with each case as standard. Wireless can set up, test and control groups of lights via the UHF transceiver.
• HEM-Stars® system contains up to 8 landing lights, each weighing less than 1 kg. A full case weighs only 10.6Kg.
• HEM-Star® is rechargeable in its case via mains at 100-240V AC, vehicles at 13.5-28VDC, solar or wind power and is IP65 rated, with stainless steel base for stability and has been successfully tested at the Sikorsky Development Flight Centre for stability under the full rotor wash of a CH-147 (Chinook).
• The HEM-Star® portable LED helipad lighting system has FCC certification for operation in the US, and CE certification for the European Union.
• Run Time Steady – Up to 18 hours.
• Run Time Flashing – Up to 108 hours.
• Recharging Time – fully exhausted to fully charged in 3.5 hours.